COVID-19 DAILY UPDATE
Many thanks for your continuing understanding and support.
- Please continue to refer to the latest Government Advice on Covid-19.
Updates from School:
- As you will most probably be aware, School will only be open from Monday to the children of designated Key Workers; those children with dedicated Social Worker support and those with an EHCP in place. Unfortunately, school will be closed to all other children at 3:20pm on Friday.
- Advice on the Key Worker status will follow as soon as I receive it from the DFE.
- No SATs, phonics or timestables tests will be undertaken in 2020.
- School will most probably be staffed on a rota basis over the coming weeks. We are expecting relatively small numbers of children in school, so the children will not be in their normal classes and will work with teachers and teaching assistants that they do not normally work with. Nonetheless, only our school staff will be in our school so the children will be familiar with all the adults.
- We will receive guidance at some stage over the next few weeks about how schools should operate over the Easter Holiday period and beyond. It may be the case that fewer schools will be open, accepting children from a number of schools in the area. That isn’t confirmed and we are planning at the moment to have our school open with our staff for as long as we can including through any school holiday periods.
- None of our staff currently isolating dispaly any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Plans are being finalised to provide lunches every school day for any children whose parents have applied to receive Free School Meals. THIS IS NOT A UNIVERSAL OFFER TO CHILDREN IN RECEPTION & YEARS 1&2. It is only for families who have applied to the relevant Local Council directly for a Free School Meals assessment. School will contact relevant families directly with further information on Friday.
Please look out for further communications tonight about Key Worker Status.
Mr R Curran