I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom” Bob Dylan
Our new theme is Responsibility. Wisdom is insight into the way life works: a proper understanding of the consequences of our thoughts, words and actions and an awareness of the true value of things. This idea can be captured in the concept of responsibility and is hopefully an easier term to understand for children across school.
In school we will explore themes such as:
- What tasks do children take responsibility for at school or at home?
- When do you take responsibility for other living things or important objects?
- How can you take responsibility for your behaviour in school?
- Considering environmental links. Why is important to care for the planet – one of God’s creation?
- Exploring the story of Zaccheus (Luke 19)
- Learning about the story of Saul (Samuel 15) also explores the value of responsibility.
PSHE Links – Healthy Me
Being healthy, both mentally and physically involves taking responsibility for your actions. Recognising what is truly important in life can also help you to lead a more fulfilled existence.